Pre-Breast Imaging Instructions
In order to ensure that your examination is done properly and your images reflect an accurate reading, please follow the following instructions carefully:
- Do not wear restrictive clothing such as a bra to the exam
- You should wait at least three (3) months after breast surgery, the completion of chemotherapy or radiation before a Thermal Imaging study.
- You should refrain from a sauna, steam-room or hot/cold packs directly contacting the breasts for at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the study.
- You should refrain from any tobacco use for two hours prior to the study.
- No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the breasts 5 days prior to your exam.
- No use of lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the breasts the day of the exam.
- No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your exam.
- No physical stimulation or treatment of the breasts for 24 hours before the exam.
- No treatment (chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use) of the neck,back, chest or breasts for 24 hours before the exam.
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your exam.
- No shaving on the day of the exam to avoid skin abrasions.
- If bathing, it must be no closer than 1 hour before the exam.
- If you are nursing, please try to nurse as far from 1 hour before the exam as possible.
- No hot or cold beverages 2 hours prior to imaging.
- Do not drink alcohol 12 hours prior to the test.
- If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. You must consult with your prescribing physician for his/her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.
Payment is by cash or cheque. $50 cancellation fee is in effect without 48 hour notice
Surgical procedures such as implants, reductions, and biopsies do not interfere with infrared imaging. Breast infrared imaging is perfectly safe to have during pregnancy or when nursing.
If you have copies of any other test results (e.g. mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies) please bring them with you. The total time necessary to complete your breast thermography examination is approximately 30 minutes.
You will be required to sign a consent form before proceeding with imaging.